Press releases are often overlooked when launching a product but they are a great way of getting some exposure for your eBook or Sales page. In fairness it should be called a web press release.
There are scores of different sites to choose from some free and some paid and as normal the paid services are more worthwhile but its worth also giving your press release to the free ones once you have your press release written.
Once again where do you start when it comes to writing a press release well there are a few pointers to look at before you start.
- Before you start writing research your Keywords and see which ones have low competition and above 3000 searches per month using word tracker or the Google keyword tool.
- Write the headline it should be clear and concise and also snappy and brief. Write your headline when your press release has been written to give yourself a clearer idea of what your main keywords are going to be and include them in a sentence that is clear.
- Keep it to under 400 words
- Keep your lead sentence very close to your headline without repeating in totality. What you are doing here is expanding on the headline.
- Deal with the facts whether they are dates, people, events, targets etc.
- Write using the 5 W system, Who, Where, When, What and Why while writing your copy
- Describe your product in the first paragraph and talk up about it giving the positives and what the end user gets and give the domain name of your sales page here.
- Give all your contact details, your name, address, contact number and website URL in an informative manner.
- Stick to the facts and do not exaggerate with an over inflated sales pitch. The less Jargon the better keep your language simple.
When you have written your press release and ensured that it is optimized for the web it’s time to submit your copy to online press release companies.
Here is a list of some of the ones I recommend that and are all have a page rank of 4 or over meaning that these are at the top of their game.
You can outsource this very easily both the press release and the submission to the various sites.
I have done quite a lot of research into outsourcing press releases and I have found some very good gigs on www.fiver.com which I am going to share with you here.
Here is the link for gig that will produce your press release copy
For $5 it’s a no brainier for me. There are a lot of people on fiverr creating this type of gig but after using this one several times I highly recommend his services and his professionalism.
On that gig he states that his is the 5th person on fiverr.com to reach the super seller class which puts him in an excellent position and for another $5 gig he will produce video using slides of your press release which you could then upload to YouTube and also your sales page to make it look more professionalism.
Here is the link for press release submission.
As you can see this fiverr superstar has 141 in line to complete which is always a good sign and there are also 1975 positive reviews and some very powerful feedback has been left for this person. I have used this gig myself in the past and find her very professional and she will send you all the links for the work she has completed.
Press release as said is an overlooked form of SEO and this will give you the edge over your competitors. You will also receive permanent back-links from some of the paid services.
Just ensure that you do this in line with the date of your website or sales page being live as it would be an awful shame to complete this and have no live links for your product.
If you would like to keep up to date with my posts please sign up to my Newsletter on the top right of this page, many thanks and I hope you can leave a comment,